Five Act Interview Script: 

“Hi, how are you today? My name is Gillian, I’ll be conducting the test. What is your name?” 

“Nice to meet you, and thank you for taking the time to come in. Your honest feedback is really important to the development of our product. 

This will be an informal interview. I’ll be asking a serious questions, but I’m not testing you– I’m testing the product. If you get stuck or can’t figure something out–it isn’t your fault. In fact, your honest answers are vital to helping us figure out what we need to fix–so please, don’t feel bad if you have anything negative to say–it’s exactly the kind of feedback that helps us improve. 

Do you have any questions for me before we get started?

Okay, (name) lets get started. 

What kind of work do you do? How long have you held that position?  What is your favorite hobby? How much time are you able to devote to it every week? Have you ever considered using an app or a website to assist you with your hobby? If you’ve never used an app or website, would consider it if it helped you enjoy your hobby more, and if so, what kinds of things would you like it to do?  

Would you be willing to check out a few prototypes? 

Great. Just to let you know, this is still in development, so somethings might not work as expected. I’ll let you know if something isn’t working. 

Don’t hesitate to let me know your honest opinion. I didn’t design this, so I won’t be hurt by any criticism. In fact, blunt feedback is what we really need, so don’t hold back! 

So, if you came across an advertisement for this app in your hobby magazine, how would you go about trying it out? 

What is the first thing you want to do?

What did you think of it? 

What are you hoping it will do? 

What are you thinking as you use it?

What did you like about this product?

What did you dislike about the product? 

How does this product compare to what you already use or do?

What are the top 3 things you would do to improve the product? 

Okay, that’s it! Thank you so much for your time, you’ve been extremely helpful.